About Girard Sharp
Girard Sharp is a law firm headquartered in San Francisco, California that represents plaintiffs across the United States in class actions, multidistrict litigation, and arbitrations. Our clients range from individual consumers and small businesses to Fortune 100 corporations and public pension funds. Our team of experienced attorneys represents plaintiffs in a diverse set of fields, including antitrust, securities and financial fraud, product defects, digital privacy and data security, sexual abuse and women’s advocacy, consumer protection, and whistleblower laws.
Our Track Record
Since our founding in 1995, we have recovered billions in settlements and judgments, leveling the playing field for our clients and consistently delivering results in challenging cases in California and across the country, including:
- A $14.75 million verdict for IVF patients of Pacific Fertility Center whose eggs and embryos were damaged or destroyed in a cryopreservation tank failure.
- $215 million in recoveries for survivors who were sexually abused by USC gynecologist Dr. George Tyndall.
- A $73 million settlement from UCLA / the University of California Board of Regents on behalf of sexual abuse victims of campus gynecologist Dr. James Heaps.
- A $63 million settlement in a data breach class action against the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
- A $30 million settlement in an indirect purchaser antitrust class action alleging suppression of competition in the market for generic drugs.
- $600 million (to date) in a price-fixing class action on behalf of direct purchasers of aluminum, tantalum, and film capacitors.
- A $54.5 million settlement in a consolidated class action brought on behalf of investors against a major bank for furthering a Ponzi scheme.
Our Reputation for Excellence
Girard Sharp is distinguished as a Tier 1 law firm for plaintiffs’ mass tort and class action litigation by U.S. News & World Report and has been included on its list of “Best Law Firms” every year since 2013. In 2022, our firm was recognized by Law360 for the Practice Group of the Year in Product Liability Litigation, and our Pharmaceutical Litigation Group was recognized by the National Law Journal. In 2021, the Daily Journal awarded Girard Sharp the “Top Plaintiff Verdicts: Impact” award. In 2020, we received the Daily Journal’s “Top Boutiques in California” award.
In 2019, the National Law Journal named Girard Sharp the 2019 Elite Trial Lawyers winner in the category of Insurance Litigation. We have also been named by The National Law Journal to its elite “Plaintiffs’ Hot List,” a selection of top U.S. plaintiffs’ firms recognized for wins in high-profile cases.
Nine of our attorneys have been recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Partners Daniel Girard, Dena Sharp, and Jordan Elias have been named to the list of Best Lawyers in America. Daniel Girard and Dena Sharp have been recognized as among the “Top 100 Super Lawyers” in Northern California, and Dena Sharp as one of the Top 50 Women Attorneys in Northern California. Best Lawyers also designated Dena Sharp as the 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” in San Francisco for class action litigation, and Daniel Girard as the 2013 “Lawyer of the Year.” Founding partner Daniel Girard earns an AV–Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, placing him in the highest class of attorneys for professional ethics and legal skills.