Peter Touschner handles complex class action e-discovery matters for the firm. Before joining Girard Sharp, Peter represented class members harmed by Volkswagen’s emissions-related fraud, as well as insureds who were charged inflated premiums due to the anticompetitive practices of a hospital conglomerate.
Peter previously worked as a Research Attorney at the Center for Democracy and Technology, where he investigated deceptive online advertising practices and evaluated proposed cybersecurity legislation. During law school, Peter externed for U.S. District Judge Charles R. Breyer and served as Senior Articles Editor for the Hastings Science and Technology Law Journal.
- Externed for the Honorable Charles R. Breyer, United States District Judge, the Northern District of California
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law
- Senior Articles Editor, Hastings Science and Technology Law Journal
- Witkin Awards in Legal Writing and Employment Law
- Best Brief Award
B.A. with Honors, Oberlin College
- Author, “Comments on Thailand's Proposed Computer-Related Offenses Commission Act”Center for Democracy & Technology2012
- Author, “Subverting New Media for Profit: How Online Social Media ‘Black Markets’ Violate Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act”Hastings Science & Technology Law Journal2011