Simon Grille is committed to seeking justice for individuals harmed by corporate misconduct. He represents plaintiffs in class and complex litigation concerning consumers’ rights and financial fraud. He has taken a lead role in product defect class actions brought against some of the largest technology companies in the world.
Simon approaches each case with an unwavering commitment to obtaining the best possible outcome for the client. In addition to being a dedicated advocate, Simon is a creative problem-solver and welcomes the challenges of complex civil litigation. He has experience in all aspects of civil litigation, from case filing through settlement or trial.
Prior to joining Girard Sharp, Simon worked at a prominent Bay Area law firm, where he represented victims of toxic exposure in complex civil litigation. He also has experience working in-house at a multinational company and as an extern for the Honorable Arthur S. Weissbrodt of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California.
- Extern for the Honorable Arthur S. Weissbrodt of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- Distinguished and Outstanding Brief Writer, UCLA School of Law Moot Court Competition (2012-2013)
- Oral Argument semi-finalist, Roscoe Pound Moot Court Competition (2013)
- Senior articles editor and managing editor, Entertainment Law Review (2012-2013)
B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Northern District of Illinois
Representing consumers in product defect class actions against Apple (In Re: MacBook Keyboard Litigation, No. 5:18-cv-02813 (N.D. Cal.)), Google (Weeks, et al. v. Google LLC, No. 5:18-cv-00801 (N.D. Cal.) and In re Nexus 6P Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 5:17-cv-02185 (N.D. Cal.)), Samsung (Velasquez-Reyes v. Samsung Elecs. Am., Inc., No. 16-cv-01953-DMG (C.D. Cal.)), and other prominent technology companies.
Representing consumers in telecommunications class actions against Uber (In Re Uber Text Messaging, No. 4:18-cv-02931 (N.D. Cal.)), ADT (Buhr v. ADT LLC, NO. 9:18-cv-80605 (S.D. Fla.), and other large companies.
Combined traditional litigation techniques with cutting-edge software to automate the preparation of over 2,000 individual claims after product defect case was compelled to individual arbitration (Chamberlain, et al. v. LG Elecs. U.S.A., Inc., et al., No. 2:17-cv-02046 (C.D. Cal.)).
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Northern California Rising Stars list (2017-present)
- Named to Best Lawyers Ones to Watch (2021-2022)
Community & Professional
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Northern District of California Chapter
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Author, “Supreme Court to Review Cy Pres-Only Settlement in Google Privacy Case” Practice Points, ABA Section of Litigation, Class Action and Derivative Suits CommitteeAmerican Bar Association Practice Points07.2018
- American Bar Association Practice Points05.2018