Girard Sharp Partner Dena Sharp Selected as Panelist at 2015 Sedona Conference
- > News
- > Events
- > Girard Sharp Partner Dena Sharp Selected as Panelist at 2015 Sedona Conference
On April 29, 2015, Girard Sharp partner Dena Sharp will present at the annual Sedona Conference Working Group Mid-Year Meeting. The Sedona Conference is the leading e-discovery think tank and consists of prominent judges, lawyers, and academics from around the country. Sedona’s Working Group 1 provides non-partisan commentary and guidance to the bench and bar.
Ms. Sharp is an active member of Working Group 1, which focuses on electronic document retention and production. In 2004, the Group released a publication entitled The Sedona Principles, a compendium of e-discovery best practices, which served as a catalyst for amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and has been widely cited since its publication. Ms. Sharp is currently on a committee responsible for revising and updating The Sedona Principles.
At this year’s conference, Working Group 1 will discuss the following topics:
- Application of Proportionality in Preservation and Discovery
- BYOD: Preservation and Discovery of Data from Mobile Devices
- Technology-Assisted Review in Practice and in the Courts
- Practical Approaches to Cooperation
- Judicial Roundtable on eDiscovery
- Global eDiscovery Update: What’s Going on in the Rest of the World?
- The Save vs. Delete Debate: The Intersection Between Data Privacy, Data Security, Information Governance, RIM, Big Data, and Search
- Update on The Sedona Principles, Third Edition
- 2015 eDiscovery Case Law Update
Ms. Sharp will present on Day 1 of the Sedona Conference and share the stage with fellow Working Group members Dean Kuckelman of Koch Industries, the Honorable Andrew Peck, United States Magistrate Judge of the Southern District of New York, Charles Ragan of Zelle Hofmann Voelbel & Mason, and Martin Tully of Katten Muchin Rosenman. The group will be discussing updates to The Sedona Principles.