Credit card and bank customers may find themselves facing improper fees and penalties, from unexplained late fees and overdraft charges to sudden interest rate spikes.
Our lawyers are experienced, effective advocates for consumers and investors who have been hurt by unfair or fraudulent financial practices. We successfully represent clients in matters pertaining to unlawful banking and lending practices and other unfair conduct in the market for consumer financial services.
Practicing in courts across the United States for nearly 30 years, our firm knows how to protect your rights. We have successfully prosecuted claims of unfair and deceptive practices; challenges to fees, billing, and interest rates; and fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, securities fraud, and other violations—achieving precedent-setting settlements for our clients.
- When Chase Bank changed the terms of consumer loans and more than doubled monthly payments, we recovered $100 million for borrowers.
- In a class action against American Express, we recovered $100 million for clients of American Express Financial Advisors for overcharging for financial planning services.
- We recovered $19.4 million for customers of H&R Block who were misled about the benefits and fees associated with Express IRAs.
- We secured a comprehensive settlement for PayPal customers for violations of federal electronic financial transfer laws.
- We obtained a settlement against the American Fair Credit Association for over $40 million settlement for misleading borrowers about its credit repair programs.
- We represented commodities customers against U.S. Bank and JPMorgan Chase in a case arising from the collapse of Peregrine Financial Group Inc., resulting in recoveries of over $75 million.
If you have information concerning financial fraud, please speak to a lawyer on our consumer protection team.
601 California Street, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94108
Speak to a Lawyer