Our firm brings deep resources and decades of experience to bear in achieving precedent-setting outcomes in litigation and arbitration to protect the rights of investors. Girard Sharp lawyers have successfully represented thousands of individual and institutional investors in a wide range of financial and investment fraud matters, including investments in public securities markets, private offerings, non-traded REITs, and major financial fraud cases. We have recovered more than $1.2 billion in investment losses for our clients.
- We served on the leadership team in the securities litigation following the collapse of Lehman Brothers, the largest bankruptcy in U.S. history. Total recoveries for investors exceeded $700 million.
- In a case involving the Provident Royalties Ponzi scheme, we coordinated with bankruptcy trustees and other plaintiff groups to achieve a global settlement of $150 million.
- We served on the leadership team in the Jay Peak EB-5 Visa litigation against Raymond James Financial, where we helped recover $150 million for investors in a project to develop the area surrounding the Jay Peak Ski Resort.
- We represented commodities customers against U.S. Bank and JPMorgan Chase in a case arising from the collapse of Peregrine Financial Group Inc., resulting in recoveries of over $75 million.
- When the Oppenheimer California Municipal Bond Fund misled investors about its investment risk and lost nearly half its value, we obtained a $50.75 million settlement for investors.
- When Sallie Mae, the leading provider of student loans in the United States, misled the public about its financial performance to inflate the company’s stock price, we recovered $35 million for investors in the company.
In deciding whether to initiate a securities class action or pursue other means to resolve a dispute, our approach is straightforward, with our clients’ needs and goals at the forefront. Each case is carefully analyzed and planned as if it were going to trial, leaving us well-equipped to reach a successful settlement or present the case to a judge or jury.
Judges have recognized our experience in securities litigation, naming us lead counsel in major securities fraud cases on behalf of a variety of institutional investors. We have appeared on behalf of a range of clients, including the California Teachers’ Retirement System, the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System, Allianz of America, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, family offices, and high-net-worth individuals.
To discuss potential claims involving investment fraud, speak to our lawyers for a free, confidential consultation.
601 California Street, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94108