Philips CPAP and Ventilator Investigation
Girard Sharp is investigating reports that Philips sold breathing devices and ventilators that may degrade and become toxic, resulting in a product recall.
Did you purchase a Philips CPAP or Ventilator? Speak to a Lawyer.
If you purchased a Philips CPAP machine or ventilator, you may be entitled to relief. Protect your rights by speaking with a Girard Sharp consumer protection attorney. Call us toll-free at (866) 981-4800 or submit your information below:
Speak to a Lawyer
More Information on the Recall
On June 14, Philips recalled certain Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure (Bi-Level PAP), Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), and mechanical ventilator devices. According to the recall notice, there are “potential health risks” related to the polyester-based polyurethane (PE-PUR) sound abatement foam in these devices. The potential risks from particulate exposure include headache, irritation, inflammation, respiratory issues, and possible toxic and carcinogenic effects.
On June 29, 2021, Girard Sharp filed a lawsuit on behalf of purchasers of the recalled products. You can read a copy of the lawsuit here.
Medical Devices Included in the CPAP Recall
The following Philips medical devices are included in the recall:
- All Philips CPAP devices manufactured before April 26, 2021, under all serial numbers
- All Philips BiLevel PAP devices manufactured before April 26, 2021, under all serial numbers
- E30 model continuous ventilator, minimum ventilatory support for facility use
- DreamStation non-life supporting continuous ventilator models ASV, ST, and AVAPS
- SystemOne ASV4 model continuous ventilators, non-life supporting
- C Series continuous ventilator, non-life supporting models ASV, S/T, and AVAPS
- OmniLab Advanced Plus in-lab titration device
- SystemOne Q series models of non-continuous ventilators
- DreamStation CPAP, Auto CPAP, and BiPAP ventilator models
- DreamStation Go CPAP and APAP models of non-continuous ventilators
- Dorma 400 and 500 CPAP models of non-continuous ventilators
- REMStar SE Auto CPAP models of non-continuous ventilators
- The Trilogy 100, Trilogy 200, Garbin Plus, Aeris, and LifeVent continuous ventilators
- The A-Series BiPAP V30 Auto and Hybrid A30 continuous ventilators for minimum ventilatory support for facility use
Our Commitment to Excellence
Girard Sharp has earned national Tier 1 rankings for Mass Tort and Class Action Litigation and has been named to the U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” list each year since 2013.
We have successfully resolved mass tort and class cases against some of the nation’s largest companies, including Apple, LG, and Google. Read about some of our results.
For a free consultation about your potential claims, contact one of our attorneys at (866) 981-4800 or fill out the form at the top of this page.