Wrongful Overdraft Fee Investigation
Girard Sharp is investigating reports that banks may be wrongfully imposing overdraft fees on accounts with a positive funds balance and charging multiple overdraft fees on the same transaction.
If you were charged improper overdraft fees, you may be entitled to relief.
Protect your rights by speaking with a Girard Sharp consumer attorney. Call us toll-free at 866-981-4800 or submit your information below:
Speak to a Lawyer
More Information About Extended Overdraft Charges
By their nature, overdraft fees frequently affect consumers who are least able to bear them. Recent reports suggest certain banks may be improperly assessing overdraft fees by, for example:
- charging overdraft fees on banks’ own service fees
- charging overdraft fees on transactions that do not result in a negative account balance
- charging multiple overdraft fees on the same transaction
Financial institutions we are investigating for these practices include:
- Valley National
- Zions Bank
- Denali Federal Credit Union
- Spirit of Alaska Federal Credit Union
- TD Bank
- Bank of America
- Boeing Employees' Credit Union
- BNB Bank
- City National Bank(an RBC subsidiary)
- Centier Bank
- Banks owned by Heartland Financial USA, Inc.—including Arizona Bank & Trust, Bank of Blue Valley, Citywide Banks, FirstBank & Trust, and New Mexico Bank & Trust
- Investors Bank
- Kearny Bank
- Kitsap Credit Union
- Middlesex Savings Bank
- Sunflower Bank
- Washington Trust Bank
Our Commitment to Excellence
Girard Sharp has earned national Tier 1 rankings for Class Action Litigation and has been named to the U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” list each year since 2013. Read about some of our results.
We have successfully prosecuted cases concerning false advertising and other unfair business practices against some of the nation’s largest companies, including Apple, LG, and Google.
For a free consultation about your potential claims, contact one of our consumer finance attorneys by filling out the form above or calling toll-free at (866) 981-4800.