- Shirin Bayati & Mojan Kamalvand v. GWG Holdings
Representing purchasers of GWG Holdings, Inc. in a class action lawsuit alleging that the company may have made false and misleading statements to investors in connection with the issuance and sale of L Bonds.
- In re Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Litigation
Co-lead counsel in a class action against Lakeview Loan Servicing, Inc. following a data breach that exposed the personal information of over 2.5 million people.
- In re J&J Investment Litigation
Investment fraud class action against J&J Consulting Services, Inc. and perpetrators Jeffrey Judd and Matthew Beasley alleging a $300+ million Ponzi scheme.
- Stark, et al. v. Patreon, Inc.
Consumer privacy class action against Patreon, Inc. for violating the Video Privacy Protection Act (“VPPA”) and state law by disclosing its digital subscribers’ identities and video-viewing preferences to Facebook without proper consent.
- Orellana v. Planned Parenthood Los Angeles, Los Angeles Superior Court
Co-lead counsel in Orellana v. Planned Parenthood Los Angeles, a data breach class action pending in Los Angeles County Superior Court on behalf of patients of Planned Parenthood following release of sensitive personal medical and health information.
- Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litigation, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Member of the End-Payer Steering Committee in a major antitrust case alleging that the world’s largest makers of generic drugs conspired to hike prices and prevent price competition for years.
- Restasis Antitrust Litigation, Eastern District of New York
Co-lead counsel for end-payers in a certified class action against pharmaceutical giant Allergan alleging a multifaceted conspiracy to delay generic competition in the market for the blockbuster drug Restasis.
- Pacific Fertility Center Litigation, Northern District of California
Lead trial counsel for individuals and families in this case alleging that a tank holding plaintiffs’ eggs and embryos failed, compromising the viability of their genetic material. $14.5M trial judgment in favor of our clients presently on appeal.
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management Data Security Breach Litigation, District Court of Columbia
Lead counsel in data breach class action on behalf of victims of a massive cyber-attack that compromised millions of federal employees and job applicants’ personal identifiable information, records, and other sensitive information. A $63 million settlement is currently pending approval, which would provide for minimum payments of $700 for victims who suffered a financial loss.
Co-lead counsel in the certified product defect class action against Apple on behalf of purchasers of MacBook laptops equipped with Apple’s allegedly defective butterfly keyboard.
- PFA Insurance Marketing Litigation, Northern District of California
Appointed class counsel in certified class action against Life Insurance Company of the Southwest and Premier Financial Group for sale of universal life insurance policies through multi-level marketing scheme. Click here for more about this case.
- A.B. et al v. The Regents of the University of California et al, Central District of California
Class action lawsuit against UCLA on behalf of women sexually abused while being treated by UCLA gynecologist Dr. James Heaps.
- Philips Recalled CPAP, Bi-Level PAP, and Mechanical Ventilator Products Litigation, Western District of Pennsylvania
Steering Committee member in multidistrict proceeding on behalf of users of Philips CPAP and BiPap machines recalled for leading to risk of lung damage, cancer, and other potential injuries.
- Santos et al v. National Football League, Inc. et al, Northern District of California
Antitrust class action alleging that the NFL, its pro football teams, and licensed NFL retailer Fanatics Inc. have engaged in anticompetitive tactics to unlawfully monopolize the online retail market for NFL Licensed Products, resulting in increased prices for consumers. Click here for more about this case.
- California Gasoline Spot Market Antitrust Litigation, Northern District of California
Co-lead counsel in antitrust class action alleging manipulation of the spot market for gasoline in California resulting in higher gas prices for consumers and businesses.
- Tappana et al v. American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Central District of California
Consumer class action on behalf of purchasers of Honda vehicles with sunroofs with a purported defected that causes them to spontaneously shatter.
- Maxar Technologies, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, Santa Clara Superior Court
Co-lead counsel in certified securities class action on behalf of investors of Maxar Technologies, Ltd. (NYSE: MAXR) regarding alleged violations of federal securities laws for material misstatements and omissions associated with the performance and economic outlook of one of its core business units.
- Davis v. Natera, Inc., Northern District of California
Class action against Natera Inc. following reports that patients received false positive noninvasive prenatal testing diagnoses for rare and severe medical conditions. Click here for more about this case.
- Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant Products Liability Litigation, District of New Jersey
Executive Committee member in class action against Allergan following product recall arising out of reports that certain Allergan BIOCELL© breast implants may cause anaplastic large cell lymphoma (“BIA-ALCL”), a cancer of the immune system.
- Burd v. Subaru of America, Inc, District of New Jersey
Co-lead counsel in class action alleging defective electronic system resulting in premature battery failures in Subaru vehicles.
- Wilbert, et al. v. Alan F. Feldman, et al., Circuit Court for Baltimore City
Class action case brought by stockholders alleging violations of fiduciary duties in connection with internalization transaction.
- Confidential Arbitration
Representation of community-based lender in dispute over fees claimed by online PPP loan referral and processing platform in JAMS arbitration.
- Xyrem Antitrust Litigation, Northern District of California
Co-lead counsel in antitrust case alleging a scheme to delay competition and a cheaper generic version of Xyrem (sodium oxybate), a prescription drug used to treat narcolepsy.
- Juul Labs, Inc., Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation, Northern District of California
Co-lead counsel in multidistrict litigation against JUUL and big tobacco company Altria for fraudulently marketing dangerous e-cigarettes and manipulating nicotine delivery to maximize addiction, causing a public health crisis and harming tens of thousands of minors and adults across the country.
- Ide v. British Airways, Southern District of New York
Interim class counsel in class action lawsuit charging British Airways with unlawfully denying refunds to customers whose flights were cancelled because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Google Digital Advertising Antitrust Litigation, Southern District of New York
Interim co-lead counsel in the Google Digital Advertising Antitrust Litigation, a multidistrict litigation pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Girard Sharp filed the first digital advertising monopoly class action against Google, several months before the U.S. Department of Justice and a group of state attorneys general sued Google for monopolization.