ADT TCPA Litigation
Any person who has received calls or messages that are in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) may be able to file a lawsuit. On June 28, 2018, our TCPA lawyers filed a class action lawsuit against ADT. Girard Sharp alleges that ADT used an automatic telephone dialing system (ATDS) to repeatedly call plaintiff’s cellular phone—sometimes twice per day—despite the fact that plaintiff requested that ADT stop calling her cellular phone. These unwanted robocalls violate the TCPA. You can read a copy of the complaint by clicking here.
Robocalls from ADT?
If you have received unwanted phone calls or text messages from ADT, you may have a claim for relief.Protect your rights by speaking with a Girard Sharp TCPA lawyer.
Investigation of ADT TCPA Violations
The TCPA protects consumers from receiving unsolicited phone calls and messages. The act prohibits telemarketers from using automatic dialing systems and prerecorded voices messages to call you without your prior consent. If you have enrolled in the national do-not-call registry, the Act prohibits telephone solicitors from calling you unless you provided prior written consent to receive such calls.
Has ADT sent you unsolicited telemarketing or debt collection calls or text messages?
Our lawyers are interested in speaking with you if you:
- Received “robocalls” from ADT when you did not consent to receive such calls. Robocalls are made using equipment or software that dials phone numbers without human intervention. Signs of robocalls include prerecorded or artificial voices, calls that result in hang-ups, or long periods of silence before a live person comes on the line.
- Received “robocalls” from ADT after asking ADT to stop calling you.
- Received unsolicited text messages from ADT.
For each unwanted call that violates the TCPA, you may be able to collect between $500 and $1,500.
Getting Robocalls from ADT?
Any person who has received calls or messages that are in violation of the TCPA may be able to file a lawsuit. Speak to a robocall lawyer today.
Congress Passed the TCPA to Protect Consumers
Congress passed the TCPA in 1991 to protect “the tranquility and privacy of [a person’s home] … [from] intrusive and annoying interruptions.” The bill’s sponsor, Senator Ernest “Fritz” Hollings, described telemarketing calls as “the scourge of modern civilization. They wake us up in the morning; they interrupt our dinner at night; they force the sick and elderly out of bed; they hound us until we want to rip the telephone right out of the wall … These calls are a nuisance and an invasion of our privacy.” The TCPA gives consumers the right to sue for any violations of the law involving automatic dialers, unsolicited cell phone calls, prerecorded messages, and do-not-call lists.
Billions of Robocalls Every Month
Robocalls are phone calls that use a computerized autodialer to deliver a pre-recorded message. Billions of robocalls are placed each month, affecting hundreds of millions of consumers.
Stop Robotexts from ADT.
Robotexts are texts messages sent from an automatic dialing system to your cell phone. Have you received unwanted texts?
Subject to a few specific exceptions, the TCPA prohibits these auto-dialed text messages. Unless… you provided prior express consent to receive such messages. Even if you consented to receive the messages, you can always revoke that consent.
Do you want these texts to stop?
Speak to a robotext lawyer. You can call toll-free.
How to Document Evidence of Potential TCPA Violations
We recommend that you take the following steps to document evidence of potential TCPA violations:
- When you receive incoming calls, you should always request the caller’s name and contact information in order to maintain a written record of the call. We suggest that you write down the date and time of the call as well as a brief description of the conversation that took place or the pre-recorded message.
- If you received unwanted calls or messages on your cell phone, please save the call logs, text messages, and your cell phone bills.
- If you received an unauthorized text message, please save a screenshot and send it to us. You can upload it by completing our online survey here.
- Please save voicemails that you believe came from auto dialers or telemarketers.
- If you ever sent a letter, text, or email to stop receiving calls or texts, please keep a copy for us to review.
Our Commitment to Excellence
Girard Sharp has earned national Tier 1 rankings for Mass Tort and Class Action Litigation and has been named to the U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” list each year since 2013. Read about some of our results.
We have recovered over a billion dollars for our clients against the world’s largest corporations in cases concerning false advertising and unfair business practices, data breaches, and defective product cases against some of the largest tech companies, including Apple, Google, LG, Yahoo, and Motorola.
For a free consultation about your potential claims, contact one of our TCPA lawyers